Permanent Development Officer Needed at Fair Trials
Permanent Development Officer Needed at Fair Trials International
FAIR TRIALS INTERNATIONAL
Kentish Town, London
£28,000 – £38,000
28 Aug 2022
Charities, Advocacy, Fundraising, International, Government & politics, Marketing & PR, Communications, Fundraising, Human rights, Policy & research, Justice system
Experienced (non manager)
Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
Our vision: At Fair Trials, we seek a world where every person’s right to a fair trial is respected.
Our mission: To work for fair trials according to internationally-recognized standards of justice.
Fair Trials is a human rights organisation that works to improve respect for the fundamental human right to a fair trial. iobit uninstaller 7.4 key
We believe the right to a fair trial is an essential part of a just society. Each person accused of a crime should have their guilt or innocence determined by a fair and effective legal process. But the right to a fair trial is not just about protecting suspects and defendants; it also makes societies safer and stronger. Without fair trials, trust in justice and in government collapses.
Despite the importance of fair trials being recognized by the international community, this basic human right is being abused day-in-day-out in countries across the globe. We’re working to put an end to these abuses, towards realizing our vision of a world where every person’s right to a fair trial is respected.
5 CASTLE ROAD
Hours – Full time 37.5 hours per week (flexible working may be considered)
Salary – £28,000 to £38,000 pro rata (starting salary dependent on experience)
Location – NW1, London and/or homeworking
Reporting – Development Director
Fair Trials is an international non-governmental organization, working in the UK, Americas, and Europe. We work to advance the global fight for fairness, justice and equality in criminal justice systems by exposing emerging threats, strengthening diverse and resilient reform movements, and fighting for justice on the global stage. We are looking for an ambitious individual with experience of trusts and foundations fundraising to join Fair Trials’ Development Team.
The Development Officer will have the following main areas of responsibility:
- Managing and developing part of Fair Trials’ portfolio of trust and foundation donors;
- Contributing to the achievement of Fair Trials’ fundraising strategy; and
- Being a passionate and compelling advocate of Fair Trials’ work.
The key skills, qualifications and experience needed include:
- Experience of trust and foundation fundraising (voluntary experience acceptable).
- A commitment to human rights and criminal justice.
- Organisational skills including demonstrable experience of:
- Working effectively independently;
- Managing deadlines; avast driver updater serial key 2018
- and Delivering under time pressure.
Communication skills including the ability to: Communicate complex ideas and impact to a variety of audiences; Create persuasive and compelling content; Produce accurate and attractive written/visual communications; and Communicate confidently and effectively in person including remotely, for example, by telephone and video call. Strong analytical and numerical skills including: Excellent research skills; Excellent attention to detail in both literacy and numeracy; The ability analyse and clearly articulate data; and Confidence with Excel spreadsheets.
- A team-player and willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain and develop professional relationships and networks.
- Experience of independently managing a portfolio of trust and foundation funders, including prospecting, stewardship, and reporting on income.
- Experience of individual giving funding and/or large trust/institutional applications and reporting.
- Insight into the challenges faced by suspects and defendants as a result of lived experience of the criminal justice system.
- Experience of working for a small non-profit, community and/or charitable organisation (voluntary experience acceptable). camtasia studio 9 key
The closing date for applications is 12.00 GMT on Sunday, 28th August 2022.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the Job Description via the button below (include “Development Officer” in the subject).
Full details of the job and how to apply are attached to this ad.
Supporting Documents for Development Officer
- Download Application Form (password: yZyWaByj)
- Download Job supporting document (password: aguzaBuJ)