For many students around the world, pursuing higher education can be a challenging endeavor due to financial constraints. However, organizations such as the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) provide scholarships to support talented students in their academic pursuits. In this article, we will explore the IDB scholarship program and its opportunities for students.
What is the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program?
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program was established in 1401H (1981) to promote human resource development in IDB member countries. The program offers fully-funded scholarships to outstanding students from IDB member countries who wish to pursue undergraduate, master’s, or Ph.D. studies in various fields.
To be eligible for the IDB scholarship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an IDB member country
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or its equivalent
- Be medically fit
- Be under the age of 24 for undergraduate studies, and under the age of 35 for master’s and Ph.D. studies
- Have been accepted into a reputable university in an IDB member country
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship
How to apply for isdb scholarship
The application process for the IDB scholarship program varies depending on the type of scholarship. Generally, applicants must submit an online application form, a copy of their academic transcripts, a research proposal (for master’s and Ph.D. students), a statement of purpose, and a medical report. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
- Advertisement -
To apply for IsDB Scholarship Programmes (2023 – 2024), please click here
Benefits of the IDB Scholarship Program
The IDB scholarship program offers various benefits to successful applicants, including:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly living allowance
- Medical coverage
- Round-trip airfare
- Thesis preparation allowance (for master’s and Ph.D. students)
Fields of Study
The IDB scholarship program offers scholarships in various fields of study, including:
- Science and Technology
Over the years, the IDB scholarship program has supported many talented students in their academic pursuits. Some success stories include:
- Dr. Marwa El-Sayed, an Egyptian scholar who received an IDB scholarship to pursue her Ph.D. in Cancer Biology at the University of Manchester, UK. She is now an Assistant Professor at the National Cancer Institute in Cairo.
- Mr. Rahmatullah Khan, a Pakistani scholar who received an IDB scholarship to pursue his master’s in Computer Science at the National University of Malaysia. He is now a successful entrepreneur and runs his own software development company.
Welcome to Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme for The Academic Year 2023-2024
Please note that the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) does not charge any fees at any stage of the scholarship process. Never disclose or send money to any entity or person in relation to your application.
- Advertisement -
For any inquiries and /or assistance , please correspond with only:
The Islamic Development Bank scholarship program provides a unique opportunity for talented students from IDB member countries to pursue higher education in various fields of study. The program offers fully-funded scholarships, including tuition fees, living allowance, and medical coverage, among others. Successful applicants have the potential to make significant contributions in their respective fields and create a positive impact on their communities.
- What is the deadline for the IDB scholarship application?
- The deadline for the IDB scholarship application varies depending on the type of scholarship. Applicants are advised to check the IDB website for updated information.
- Can I apply for the IDB scholarship if I am not a citizen of an IDB member country?
- No, only citizens of IDB member countries are eligible for the scholarship program.
- Can I apply for the IDB scholarship if I have already started my studies?
- No, only applicants who have been accepted into a reputable university in an IDB member country are eligible for the IDB scholarship program