Oando Plc is a Nigerian multinational energy company operating in the upstream, midstream and downstream. In July 2016, Oando entered into a tri-partite agreement with the Vitol Group, an independent trader of energy commodities and Helios Investment Partner, an Africa-focused private investment firm to form OVH
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
Job Position: IT Service Delivery Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- Advertisement -
- The IT Service Delivery Manager role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall IT service operations to ensure the stable operation and security of the organization’s Information Systems.
- This person will ensure effective and efficient implementation of technology services and resources across the IT domain.
- A key aspect of this role involves developing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas particularly mission-critical data and security systems.
- Conceptualize and develop strategy for the design and implementation of Mission-critical Data and Information Security systems, diverse communication, and collaboration technologies to drive business automation whilst meeting existing and future business requirements.
- Provide authoritative technical and policy advice to the Head IT and strategic partners on Information Systems & Information Security requirements in a changing business environment.
- Develop and implement organizational IT policies and operational procedures for infrastructure, security, service support and service delivery functions in accordance with IT strategy, organizational direction, relevant legislation, and industry best practices.
- Develop a resilient Disaster Recovery strategy and plan that guarantees continuous business operation in line with recovery time objectives agreed with senior management; Direct the test run of recovery procedures.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through end-to-end IT service oversight [people, process and technologies], service level management, and IT systems performance monitoring.
- Coordinate, control and direct automation projects related to major information and security systems and infrastructure and business process automation on all Microsoft Technology Platforms (SharePoint, .Net).
- Build and update an infrastructure roadmap that aligns with business with clear, goal-oriented projects, plans and initiatives that drives IT agility and stability.
- Build and update a tailored Service Management Roadmap and Service Catalogue that clearly articulate the depth and breadth of IT services and provide clarity around service levels and capabilities.
Service Delivery Management:
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems.
- Design and execute techniques/technologies to enhance availability and recoverability of all IT systems.
- Partner with the applications, business information teams and process owners to evaluate requirements and determine the best technical approach for solution delivery.
- Evaluate and direct the installation, setup and integration of all new enterprise systems and storage and/or enhancement to existing systems.
- Develop and implement system configuration baselines.
- Manage Business, Service and Resource capacity planning and benchmark enterprise technology with best practices.
- Administer all facets of budgeting, which includes the development of an accurate forecasting methodology and baseline metrics, preparation of budgets, development of service-based, execution and reporting of IT delivery spend.
- Manage and develop the skills and capabilities of all staff within the IT Service Operation functions which include Networks, IP Telephony, Video/Telepresence, Enterprise Systems, Datacenter, Security, Operating Systems, SharePoint.
- Provide management oversight for all outsourced service providers, negotiate SLAs, define and implement service improvement plans.
- Review, validate and revise SLAs to support ongoing business needs; Assess vendor performance and align business needs to contracts; Build an IT Satisfaction Report Card underpinned by a Service Improvement Curriculum to track how goals of key business stakeholders are met.
- Build strategic partnership with critical vendors and IT suppliers and optimize spend through benchmark with industry norms.
- Work with the Applications team to build a business-aligned maintenance plan for key IT solutions and technologies that aligns to business value and SLA requirements
Enterprise Database Management:
- Conduct database capacity planning, record archival, and performance tuning regularly.
- Oversee, maintain and support database software upgrade and patch management procedures.
- Maintain database backup/recovery procedures and disaster recovery database environment. Maintain and support procedures for database security.
- Prioritize, organize and assist database technical team members with projects/tasks.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Design and implement systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective production and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor, optimize, and allocate physical and virtual storage for database systems Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for databases.
- Responsible to control database access for users and applications and apply security best practices.
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host environment and client tools Develop procedures and documentation for backup and restoration as well as DR capabilities.
- Advertisement -
- % of service availability per SLA negotiated
- Quality of disaster recovery procedures / contingency plans i.e. level of lost or unrecoverable data
- Quality of technical advice and solutions to systems problems and issues
- % reduction in service failure within the financial year
- Safety of information on corporate database
- Uptime of enterprise systems and network infrastructure
- No of customer surveys conducted within the year and satisfaction level of over 70% respondents
- No of Incident by category, priority and resolution types logged and not lost
- No of Services documented in the SLA
- No of external contracts available to support SLA
- % deviation of forecasted versus actual cost of IT services within defined tolerance limits
- Cost reduction trend on Actual versus budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
- Minimum of 10 years cognate work experience, 3 of which must have been at a senior level in a reputable organization/institution.
- Broad technical and cross domain capabilities
- Project Management Certified
- Experienced in Infrastructure Project Management
- IT Operations Manager Certified
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Certified
- ITIL Intermediate Certification
- TOGAF and CISSP Certified
- Certification in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) an added advantage
- Proven experience in deploying large, complex mission-critical systems
- Proven ability to manage technical experts and external service providers
- Proven track record at a senior level of leading an IT team in a complex organization and delivering measurable improvement in IT Service Delivery to a tight budget to meet organizational objectives
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Expert level knowledge of IT Security best practices and Service Continuity Mgt.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure and Security architecture
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Business Analysis
- Keen Attention detail
- Strategy Development and Execution
- Budgeting, Planning and Monitoring
- Good Interpersonal / Relationship Management Skills
- Leadership/ Supervisory
- Strong Customer Focus/Service Orientation
- Oral and Written Communication
- Project Management
- Total Quality Management
- Risk Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online