Turkey work visa has long attracted expats from around the world who are seeking work opportunities in the country.
Its vibrant culture, delicious cuisine, hospitable locals, and breathtaking landscapes make it an enticing destination. Moreover, Turkey provides an accessible employment visa program, allowing individuals to pursue their career goals in the country.
Here is our comprehensive guide for obtaining a Turkey work visa in 2023.
- Advertisements -
Types of Visas in Turkey
Here are the available types of work visas in Turkey based on the field of employment:
- employment purpose/special employment purpose
- assigned Lecturers/academics
- assigned sportsperson
- assigned artists
- assigned free zone workers
- assigned journalists
- montage and repairman purposes
Turkey work visa requirements
To ensure a smooth application process for a Turkey work visa, it is essential to gather and submit the following required documents:
- valid passport or travel document: Your passport or travel document should have a validity of at least 6 months from the date of your intended arrival in Turkey
- Turkey work visa application form: Complete the Turkey work visa application form with all the necessary information. Ensure that the form is filled out accurately and legibly
- employer’s letter: Obtain a letter from your employer in Turkey, stating the details of your employment, such as job position, duration of employment, and salary. This letter should be written on official company letterhead and include the employer’s contact information.
Your employer in Turkey will be responsible for submitting other required documents to the Turkish Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS) on your behalf. These additional documents may vary depending on the specific requirements of your case or nationality.
Visa Application: Schengen Visa Application: Apply for Schengen Visa
Additionally, you may also require the following:
- Advertisements -
- your recent photographs
- police clearance certificate
- job offer/contract
- diploma/provisional graduation equivalency certificate and its certified translation
- health insurance
- proof of accommodation in Turkey (rent agreement or proof of real estate property ownership)
- financial solvency
- booked flight tickets
The application for a Turkey work visa cannot be completed online and must be made in person at the Turkish consular office in your country of residence. Work visas are exclusively issued by Turkish embassies or consulates, requiring applicants to visit the nearest Turkish mission in their country to apply for a work permit and visa.
Below are the outlined steps to follow when applying for the visa:
- fill out the visa application online form
- schedule your visa appointment
- visit the nearest Turkey consular office at the scheduled time and date
- submit your documents
- attend the interview
After completing the interview process, it is crucial to inform your employer promptly. Subsequently, your employer is responsible for submitting additional documents to the MLSS within ten working days. This step is essential for your work permit application.
- Advertisements -
Once these documents are submitted to the MLSS, you will need to patiently await the processing of your visa application.
Turkey work visa processing time
According to the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the processing of the Turkey work visa application by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security typically takes a maximum of 30 days. Once the visa is issued, it is necessary for you to travel to Turkey within a period of 90 days.
Turkey work visa validity
Turkey work visa can be used for entry to the country and is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
Turkey work visa price
The expenses associated with obtaining a Turkey work visa vary based on the type of visa and your nationality. As a general guideline, the cost typically ranges from approximately USD 140 to USD 420. It is advisable to reach out to the Turkey consular office in your region for more precise information and guidance regarding the specific costs involved.