Applications are now open for 2023/2024 Study in Canada Scholarships offered by Global Affairs Canada. The scholarships are worth up to $12,700 for each qualifying international student from 21 countries in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
GAC provides the 2023 Study in Canada Scholarships on student exchange program basis. Previously it piloted on full-degree program basis in 2020. But GAC now offers SCS for short-term student exchange opportunities for study or research in Canada.
The students also need to already be registered in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country or territory. Moreover, they must be paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of the application and for the full duration of the exchange.
The following countries are eligible for the 2023 Study in Canada Scholarships:
- Burkina Faso;
- Ivory Coast;
- Tanzania, and;
The scholarships include:
- $10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (master’s and PhD). For a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research.
- $12,700 for graduate students (master’s and PhD). For a period of five to six months of study or research.
- The colleges and universities also get an additional $500 per scholarship recipient to cover administrative costs once he or she arrives in Canada.
- The Scholarships cover study visa, airfare, health insurance, books and living expenses.
Applications for the 2023 Study in Canada Scholarships are evaluated based on:
- the merit of the research or study to be undertaken in Canada;
- the benefit to the home institution and peers;
- the benefit to the Canadian institution, supervisor and peers;
- the strength of the linkages to be created through the proposed exchange, and also
- rankings submitted by the Canadian institution.
HOW TO APPLY