Levi Pearson Scholarship Fund: Application Requirements and Process
The Levi Pearson Scholarship Fund was established to provide financial assistance to young individuals of the Christian faith residing in Clarendon, Sumter, Williamsburg, and Lee Counties who are pursuing a college education. Administered by the Selection Committee, the scholarship amount is determined based on funds raised through various fundraising efforts. If you meet the eligibility criteria outlined below, you can apply for this scholarship opportunity.
To be eligible for the Levi Pearson Scholarship Fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- Reside in Clarendon, Sumter, Lee, or Williamsburg County.
- Be a rising senior or graduating senior in good standing.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Have applied or considered at least three colleges or universities.
- Be an active member of a Christian-based congregation.
The Selection Process
The scholarship recipients will be chosen by a seven-member judging committee. The committee will evaluate eligible students based on various criteria, including:
- Advertisements -
- Academic record and cumulative GPA.
- Quality of essay and recommendations.
- Community service and leadership background.
- Statement of financial need.
- Submission of all application components.
- Interview (if required).
The Scholarship Fund Committee will notify the winners by May 13, 2023. All decisions are final, and submitted materials will not be returned. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Scholarship Award Disbursement
The scholarship awards are intended to cover tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required by the educational institution. The funds will be disbursed directly to the college or university after verification of registration for the fall semester or quarter. If the recipient is unable to attend in the fall, the award will be returned to the scholarship fund.
To complete your application for the Levi Pearson Scholarship Fund, please submit the following information as one complete package:
- Completed application: Ensure that it is typed and signed.
- Official transcript: Provide a current official transcript of all high school and college courses taken to date. The transcript must bear the seal.
- ACT/SAT scores: Include a copy of your test scores.
- Essay: Write a 1500-word essay on the educational impact of Mr. Levi Pearson and Mr. Hammett Pearson in the 20th Century and how it has influenced the educational system in Clarendon County and the world in the 21st Century. Share your perspective on significant changes resulting from their efforts, particularly those that have affected you and others in your academic pursuits.
- Letter of acceptance: Attach a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university you plan to attend (for seniors).
- Letters of recommendation: Submit three signed and dated letters of recommendation from a teacher, advisor or counselor, community leader or volunteer supervisor, adult mentor, youth minister, or pastor. You can provide the enclosed Recommendation Form to assist your references in writing the letters.
- Professional school photograph: Include one professional school photograph (preferably 3″ x 5″ in size; wallet-size accepted). Photos with watermarks will not be accepted.
Ensure that all materials are postmarked by the deadline of April 29, 2023, to be considered.
By accepting the Levi Pearson Scholarship, recipients grant permission to the Levi Pearson Scholarship Committee to use their names and/or photographs in promotional materials aimed at increasing awareness of the Scholarship Fund and soliciting funding or advertising fundraising events. It is essential to sign and date your application.
- Advertisements -
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email LPSF2194@gmail.com.
Please note: The information provided above is a summarized version of the Levi Pearson Scholarship Fund application requirements and process. For detailed and up-to-date information, please refer to the official application materials provided by the Levi Pearson Scholarship Committee.