The Orange Knowledge Programme is a € 200 million Dutch global development and scholarship programme instituted by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs to promote skills development and societal advancement in over 53 developing world countries.
The Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship is managed by Nuffic, a Dutch non-profit organisation tasked with allocating the scholarship to professionals who make a difference in their countries.
The OKP scholarship is a 100% full scholarship that funds the full tuition fee and associated costs of the Business School Netherlands International Action Learning MBA, and Masterclasses in Food Security or Water Management.
By applying for the Orange Knowledge Programme Full Scholarships, you’ll have the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge you need to advance your career and take advantage of new opportunities as they arise. And with the full cost of tuition covered, you can focus on your education and career goals without worrying about how to fund them.
- Advertisements -
Deadlines – 2023 (as communicated by Nuffic)
- Round 1:
- Applications and Delta Registration Closed
- Grant letters sent out: 8 June 2023
- Round 2:
- Applications and Delta Registrations Open: 28 June – 5 September 16.00 CEST
- Grant letters sent out: 6 November 2023
The following countries are eligible to apply in the Nuffic OKP scholarship rounds:
Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Vietnam, Yemen
Regrettably (As announced by Nuffic on 02 Feb 2023): Guinea, Guatemala, Liberia, Myanmar, Sierra Leone, Suriname and Zambia are not part of the programme for the 2023 application rounds. However, Nuffic as an organisation will stay active in these countries with other programmes such as Erasmus+ and Holland Scholarship.
Applicants who do not qualify may still consider BSN-exclusive Sustainable Development Goals partial scholarship for the Online Action Learning MBA
- Advertisements -
Who can Apply For The Orange Knowledge Programme?
- Managers, trainee managers, team leaders, supervisors, or owners of small to medium-sized businesses currently in employment. Applicants must be working in a food security/agricultural role to qualify for the Masterclass in Food Security, or a water management role to qualify for the Masterclass in Water Management
- You must be a national of, and working in one of the designated countries. Preference will be given to applicants who work in one of the focus areas for their country
- You must NOT be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff development or training. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- – international NGOs (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- – donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, WHO, IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB, etc.)
- – bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid, etc.)
- – large national and/or large commercial organisations,
- – multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft, Monsanto, etc.)
- Applicants must NOT be the recipient of or currently studying via another scholarship for courses that take place at the same time.
- If required by the applicant’s country, a Government Statement is required that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (BSN will provide you with the template for the Government Statement)
- Only the individual applicant can apply for funding. You may not apply on behalf of someone else
- The training must occur within the context of the organisation within which the applicant is employed.
- The training must be seen to help the organisation in its developmental strategies.
Priority Themes Per Country For The Orange Knowledge Programme
The main priority areas of the Orange Knowledge Programme are;
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Security and Rule of Law
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Water Management
- Private Sector Development
There are focus areas for each country. Please note that these focus areas, as well as the list of countries, are subject to change. Only applications that fall within the focus area of your country of employment are eligible for selection by Nuffic.
Additional Requirements For The Orange Knowledge Programme
As this scholarship is for working professionals, applications from students or unemployed applicants will not be taken into consideration. In order to apply for one of the courses you must motivate:
- Advertisements -
- That you work within the priority themes for your country as mentioned above;
- How the courses will strengthen both you and the organisation you work for;
- How you will use your newly gained knowledge and experience in your organisation after your study
A copy of the Employer Statement and Government Statement (if required by your country) will be provided for you to complete to meet the above requirements.
How to Apply For The Orange Knowledge Programme?
Step 1: Click the Apply Now button for the programme you are interested in. You may only apply for ONE scholarship.
Step 2: BSN will email you the template for the mandatory Employer Statement. Depending on your country’s requirements, you may also be required to complete a Government Statement. –
We will only fully process your application once we receive your signed Co-Finance Application Form (MBA only), Employer Statement, and Government Statement (if required)
Step 3: Once your application is processed and all documents are approved by BSN, you will receive an acceptance letter and Delta registration link which will allow you to register on the Nuffic Delta platform. You must register before 05 September 16:00 CEST
Late applications will NOT be accepted under any circumstances
Step 4: Await the outcome of the scholarship selection process by Nuffic. We are expecting the announcements and grant letters on 06 November 2023. We will email you regarding the outcome of the scholarship selection process.
International MBA and Masterclasses – Find Out More About the Scholarship Programmes and Apply Here: