Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: The VP, Venture Portfolio Management will be responsible for leading and overseeing the management of Flutterwave’s venture portfolio. The VP will work closely with the executive leadership team to develop and execute strategic plans for optimizing the company’s venture portfolio, driving value creation, and achieving financial objectives. This role requires a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of venture investing, portfolio management, and strong leadership skills.
- Advertisement -
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive venture portfolio management strategy in alignment with Flutterwave’s overall business objectives.
- Lead and manage Flutterwave’s venture portfolio, including identifying, evaluating, and driving growth and implementation of opportunities.
- Develop and deploy custom-made value creation initiatives to grow revenue and control costs..
- Monitor and analyse the performance of the venture portfolio, identify trends, and make recommendations for optimizing value creation.
- Identify and execute synergistic and partnership opportunities with local partners in collaboration with portfolio companies .
- Work closely with portfolio companies to provide strategic guidance, monitor progress, and support value realization initiatives.
- Conduct physical visits, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership, investment partners, and portfolio company management teams, to drive successful outcomes and identify potential investment opportunities.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and market dynamics to inform investment strategies and portfolio management decisions.
- Provide regular reports and updates to executive leadership and the board of directors on the performance of the venture portfolio.
- Leverage Global Ventures reporting framework to track portfolio performance in line with agreement with management and strategy session outcomes.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 12-15 years of experience in venture investing, portfolio management, and value realisation.
- Proven track record of successful venture investments and portfolio management, with a strong understanding of value creation and exit strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills, including financial analysis, market research, and risk assessment.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and evaluate investment opportunities.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team of professionals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to various stakeholders.
- Strong network of contacts in the venture capital and startup ecosystem.