Senior Community Wellbeing Officer (Link Worker) x2
Wellbeing Enterprises’ mission is to help people live healthier, happier and longer lives by working with individuals, communities and partners to tackle the underlying causes of poor health through providing non-medical wellbeing interventions and support
An award-winning organisation, Wellbeing Enterprises is leading the way in embedding non-medical wellbeing interventions, at scale, into primary, secondary and community care pathways.
- Bridgewater House
Old Coach Road
Employer: WELLBEING ENTERPRISES
Location: Halton, Runcorn
Hours: Full time
Listing type: Job vacancy
Industry: Charities, Advice, Health, Health, Community, Mental health, Social welfare
Job level: Experienced (non manager)
Workplace: No remote option
Wellbeing Enterprises (WE) is expanding its team and recruiting two Senior Community Wellbeing Officer (Link Worker). This posts aim to help people to take control of their health and wellbeing by giving time to focus on ‘what matters to me’.
The social prescribing link worker will build trusting relationships with people, create a shared personalised care and support plan and connect them to local, diverse and culturally appropriate community groups, voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) organisations and services.
They will also work with a diverse range of partners to provide support to community groups and VCFSE organisations involved in social prescribing.
How to apply:
Follow our link to the application form
– 5% employer contribution
– Flexible working (4 day week full time option)
– 28 days (or hours equivalent) annual leave
Key responsibilities: Senior Community Wellbeing Officers (Link Workers) will
- Undertake holistic assessments of needs and strengths, devise personal care and support plans and connect people to local, diverse and culturally appropriate organisations.
- Work in partnership with patients to help them take control of their health and wellbeing by giving time to focus on ‘what matters to them’.
- Actively participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings and collaborate with professionals to ensure joined up support for patients.
- Provide support and guidance to other wellbeing practitioners in the team and champion best practice in the team
- Address health access and outcomes and wider determinants of health such as debt, poor housing, physical inactivity as well as other lifestyle factors and low-level mental health concerns by increasing people’s active involvement with their communities.
- Build networks with a wide range of cross-sectoral partners and professionals working in a range of disciplines.
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of VCFSE organisations locally and regionally and connect patients to their support offers.
- Work with a diverse range of partners to provide support to community groups and VCSE organisations involved in social prescribing.
- Deliver educational and social inclusion opportunities for patients and citizens which develop capabilities, life skills and social connections.
- Support local and regional efforts to address the wider determinants of health by participating in projects and initiatives, community support networks and community wealth building.
- Work with volunteers and build capacity in the community to grow support networks through the development of self-help provision working with VCFSE partners.
- Uphold Wellbeing Enterprises core values: People Power, Positive Places and Productive Partnerships.
How to Apply
Want to Apply: Apply Here Now