Correlation One is an education technology company who is building the workforce development platform of the future.
We close skill gaps for enterprises, governments and individuals, while empowering disenfranchised segments of the workforce. By providing training-to-job programs that are 100% free for learners, we eliminate traditional barriers to opportunities. We are committed to helping enterprises like Amazon, Walmart, Prudential, Citadel, Citi, Johnson & Johnson, Target, Morgan Stanley, EY and others reskill their workforces to prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow. We build community-oriented, jobs-first learning experiences that offer a human touch and leverage technology to create best-in-class outcomes for everyone.
Each program is taught by industry leaders and experts, professors and teaching assistants, delivered virtually to cohort-based learning communities. We currently run over 12 types of programs for 12,000+ learners each year in 10+ countries, and we plan to grow 5-10x in the next two years.
Correlation One is proud to be ranked #6 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2022 list and a Fast Company’s World Changing Idea winner. Join us as we build the workplace development platform of the future!
- Advertisement -
Correlation One is launching a second cohort of the DS4A / Jordan program. The program will focus on upskilling Jordanians and Syrian refugees in Jordan on beginner to upper-intermediate data analytics skills including Advanced Excel, Advanced SQL, Tableau, Looker Studio, and Python.
Our TAs play a critical role in teaching our learners and this role is ideal for a person with exceptional leadership and organizational skills seeking an opportunity to change lives. The language of instruction will be mainly English. Arabic fluency is considered a plus as it will allow TAs to further support Fellows who might be finding the language challenging. Our Fellows’ selection process will vet for a minimum of English proficiency.
The program starts on May 2nd and runs for 14 weeks.
- Advertisement -
We review applications on a rolling basis and expect to make all hiring decisions by April 15th. Please note that applications and roles are filled on a first come first serve basis.
- Advertisement -
A day in the life
- Join us for our program launches, which will take place on the first day of the program, where you will introduce yourself to learners.
- Attend 6 hours of classes per week for the designated program:
- May 2nd, 2023 – August 7th, 2023
- Mondays 2am – 6am ET, 10am – 2pm EEST
- Wednesdays 2am – 4am ET, 10am – 12pm EEST
- Lecture Days are Mondays and Wednesday, some Tuesdays are included as substitutes to national holidays: April 12, May 2nd ,3rd, 8th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th, 29th, 31st, June 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, July 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 26th, 31st, and August 2nd .
- Project Symposium Day: August 7th.What are the TA’s core responsibilities?
- Class support on lecture days
- Monitor appropriate Slack channels and answering Fellows’ questions
- Support any Fellows who are experiencing technical issues accessing training platform or materials
- Class support on non-lecture days:
- Monitor your TA Slack channel to answer Fellows’ questions
- Review the materials for the week so you are prepared to answer questions
- Contribute to course design improvement through thoughtful feedback to Correlation One team
- Participate in the weekly TA meeting (every Wednesday at TBD Amman time each week)
- Submit weekly write-ups summarizing the week’s accomplishments and challenges. This is due by Sunday at 8pm Amman time each week
- Monitor the #extra-help channel on Slack throughout the day to answer Fellows’ questions
- Hold Team Office Hours via Zoom mid-week with project teams
- Take attendance during office hours on the TA portal
- Hold Individual Office Hours via Zoom mid-week with Fellows in your group so Fellows can ask you additional questions
What time commitment is expected of TAs?
- During the program (15 hours per week max):
- Meeting with fellows: 5 hours
- Monitoring and answering questions on Slack: 3 hours
- Internal team meeting: 30 minutes
- Weekly report write-up: 30 minutes
- Lecture time: 6 hours 11am – 4pm Amman time (GMT +3)
- Minimum 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Reliable, with solid organizational skills
- Excel, SQL, Tableau, Looker Studio, and familiarity with Python (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, statsmodels, scikit-learn)
- Personable, approachable, and a good sense of humor
- An affinity for communicating with others in an empathetic and considerate manner
- Proactive problem-solver, high attention to detail, and a quick learner
- English language proficiency
- Arabic language proficiency is a plus
- Experience in mentoring or supervising if no prior teaching experience
- A desire to support students in upskilling their careers into data roles
- Empathy, flexibility, patience; passion for working with diverse learners who are new to content
- Outstanding team and people management skills
Where you are
- This role is remote, and preferred to be Jordan or EMEA based.
TAs will be compensated $30/hour, based on self-reported hours worked capped at 15 hours per week. Additionally, There is a $500 bonus available for TAs with good performance and rating from the Fellows. The bonuses are awarded at the end of the program at the discretion of C1 staff.
Correlation One’s Commitment
Correlation One is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Correlation One provides a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Correlation One are based solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants to bring their unique skills, experiences, and outlook to our work environment.
Correlation One is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Correlation One strives to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.