The East-West Center (“EWC”) is accepting applications for a limited, two-year appointment (with possibility of extension) for a Lead Guest Service Agent in the Housing & Facilities Management team. This position coordinates daily operations for the Housing unit. This includes room reservations, communications, accounts receivable, payment processing, scheduling, and after-hours support/response. The position will be required to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Coordinates and processes room reservations for 567 rooms in three buildings. Inputs data and processes revisions in Maestro Property Management System, prepares registration cards, updates files and reports. Ensures accuracy of all data, including work by other staff. Must become a power user of Maestro PMS.
- Knowledgeable of the type of rooms available, their location, and layout.
- Serves as a work leader and provides training to staff on reservations, policies and procedures, accounts receivable, and general operations.
- Oversees daily communications of the Housing Office. Ensures that all phone and digital inquiries are responded to and addressed. Communicates and collaborates with residents, guests, staff, vendors, and other businesses by email, phone, in-person, and digital systems regarding issues including reservations, policies and procedures, resident/guest conduct, special requests, housekeeping, maintenance, security, emergencies, etc. Creates, implements, and maintains office procedures and workflows.
- Coordinates preparation and distribution of monthly housing charges. Follows up on delinquent accounts. Works with responsible parties to resolve contested charges. Negotiates acceptable payment schedule and provides input on requests to waive charges.
- Collects payment information and processes payments. Ensures security of confidential information.
- Coordinates work schedules for the 24/7 Housing operation.
- A flexible schedule and after-hours response is required to ensure operations in normal and emergency situations. Monitors and secures six buildings and landscaped areas; including conducting visual inspections of facilities. Responds to emergencies and calls for assistance throughout the campus including health and safety issues, fire alarms, electrical problems, light bulb replacement, plumbing issues, elevator malfunctions, security alarms, janitorial issues, and electronic lock support. Escalates issues to management and/or contacts vendors/contractors as needed.
- Ensures employee productivity, maintains a positive work environment, enforces company policies, addresses employee complaints or performance issues as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service. Addresses issues and complaints.
The incumbent may occasionally perform other duties not listed as assigned.
- Advertisement -
SUPERVISION: This position works under the general supervision of the Housing Manager. The Incumbent independently plans and executes daily tasks, referring only very unusual situations to the supervisor, and is expected to exercise initiative and demonstrate mature independent judgement in performance of duties.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A combination of post high school education and directly related experience which demonstrates the ability to work closely with an adult population of various ages, ethnic and professional backgrounds, and personalities while also performing the major duties of this position is required.
The incumbent shall demonstrate their ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of various policies and procedures; to take initiative and work cooperatively in following through on assignments; to organize time, tasks, and materials efficiently; to communicate and work effectively and deal pleasantly and helpfully with people of diverse cultural backgrounds; to work under pressure of deadlines; to maintain accurate files and records; to appropriately handle confidential material; to make arithmetic computations and record figures accurately; to apply good judgment; and accept responsibility; to climb stairs, use a ladder, carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds; to walk between campus buildings spread across 10-acre campus; to access and operate electrical switches and water valves, and perform other physical, activities related to accomplishing the duties of the position.
- Advertisement -
The incumbent shall possess knowledge of routine office practices and recordkeeping procedures; of correct English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and word usage; and of office machines and equipment; of MS Office suite or other general computer programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience using multiple computer systems which demonstrates the ability to effectively use programs used in EWC Housing including Maestro Property Management System, Impak Work Orders, Pitney Bowes SendSuite Package Tracking, Kaba Atlas Key System, Adobe Sign and Rave Alert Notifications is preferred.
- Advertisement -
SALARY: $ 47,761.92 per year which includes a cost-of-living allowance (COLA) currently at 9.28% (subject to change annually) and an attractive total compensation package.
WHO MAY APPLY: All persons who meet qualification requirements.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit an electronic application at APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW. Application information should include a cover letter with position title and a statement addressing how the qualifications are met, a resume, and names and addresses of three professional references. Screening and assessment will be based on the materials submitted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
As required under Title IX, the East-West Center does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs or activities it operates, including admissions and employment.
This is a full-time position